As it might be useful for other nations, this page is in English.
|Name||Balaton Summer School in Physics|
|Organizer||Hungarian Association of Physics Students "Mafihe"|
11-18 July 2010
Fee: 100 Euro
Participants form SKFiz UW
Michał Tomasz Godziszewski, Piotr Migdał, Tomasz Smoleński
- http://picasaweb.google.pl/skfiz.uw/BalatonSummerSchoolInPhysics2010 (subset of the above)
Polak, Węgier dwa bratanki
Do fizyki, i do szklanki
BSSinP 2010 was a laid back scientific camp, with 60% of science and 40% of normal fun (Balaton, trips, drinking, mafia, SET, etc). Both parts were pretty good.
Out of 4 different lecture sessions (Astroparticle physics, Energetics, Medical and Physics Self-organization and networks) I attended SO&N. As usually, 1/3 of the lectures were very boring, 1/3 - OK and 1/3 - totally awesome. I enjoyed the topic much. And besides sole listening, I asked some questions and did a bit of… networking. The lectures were general, so it's good to choose a discipline you don't know prior to the summer school. When it comes to leisure - I slept 4-5h so it's an indicator of having a good time.
- a few really good lectures
- good companion of friendly and like-minded people
- Balaton, outdoor sports
- well organized
- 35oC during lectures is (for me) 20oC too much
- mosquitos (literally, they suck)
- mainly addressed to young people (19-22); I (then 24 yo) was a dinosaur
- not that international (only 5 non-Hungarians)
5-12 July 2009
Fee: 180 Euro
Participant from SKFiz UW
BalatonSummerSchool2009_SKFiz_AZ.pdf (in Polish)